Sunday 29 July 2007

Builing my new PC

I've been looking around in Nova (Taipei) to get the Intel Quadcore Q6600 G0 (95W). Unfortunately, they only got the Q6600 B3 (105W), using the previous stepping, meaning running hoter and less overclockable.

If you are looking for the Q6600 Go, ensure that the product code on the box finished with SLACR as you can see about. If it doesn't finish with this code, then you will get a B3 stepping.

It was very interesting to compare the price here in Taiwan with the price in north America and Europe. Here, the Q6600 cost $NT 8950, which is £137 / €198 ! I get in touch with a supplier name Senfu, they will call me back this week to let me know about if this product is available to order.

In the meantimes, I received my Zalman Clip Support ZM-CS1 to install the Zalman 9700NT on my Gigabyte P35-DQ6, keeping the backplate on the back of the motherboard. I like the blue Zalman used on the anodized aluminum clip, it will look very nice with the rest of the config.

More in the next episode...

No comments: