Friday 10 August 2007

I got my Intel Q6600 G0

It has been a while since I was looking for the Intel Q6600 G0, the newer version of the Intel Quad core using a new stepping, meaning that it will run at 95W instead of 105W, and so cooler. As I live in Taiwan, it is very important for me to have a cooler version of the Q6600, it's also better for OC.

So I spent quite some nights on taiwanese forums searching for this CPU. What is very funny is that I don't really speak / understand Chinese, and I definitely cannot read it! So I use Babelfish to translate hundreds of pages and it paid it off !!! Indeed, I managed to find a shop which received 100 pieces of G0, but by the time I called, they were all gone... I went there anyway to book one and magically the owner just received another few !!!


I also bought in this same shop the Gigabyte P35-DQ6, 2 Seagate Barracuda 250 Gb (SATA), the Zalman 9700 NT and a Pioneer SATA DVD burner x18. I got a real bargain, it costed less than 650$ !!!


I ordered 4x 1Gb of G.Skills DDR2 1066HK, the PSU Xclio 650W, the Lian Li PC-A10 and the Sparkle Calibre 8800GTX P880+ OC. There was a mistake in the order of the case, I ordered the Silver one instead of the Black one. So I should reaceive all components by tuesday, and build the system on wednesday (bank holiday in France, so I don't have to work).



No comments: